Tiger Woods endorsed Nike's latest "Just Do It"

ad narrated by Colin Kaepernick with a message nearly as succinct."It's a beautiful spot http://www.49erscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-pierre-garcon-jersey ," Woods said.The two-minute ad, which debuted during the NFL opener, highlights superstar athletes LeBron James, Serena Williams and others, and touches on the controversy of NFL player protests during the national anthem.Woods, a Nike athlete since turning pro in 1996 who rarely delves into divisive issues, said Friday he was a fan of the apparel giant featuring the former San Francisco 49ers quarterback known for his social protests."I think Nike is trying to get out ahead of it and trying to do something special and I think they've done that," Woods said at the BMW Championship. "It's a beautiful spot and pretty powerful people (are) in the spot."The ad aired during the first commercial break in the third quarter of the Eagles-Falcons game on Thursday night. Kaepernick watched the first television airing on NBC at an event held at Nike's headquarters in Beaverton, Oregon.Woods has been a big part of Nike Golf through his 14 major championships, no moment more indelible than when his chip shot on the 16th green at the Masters hung on edge of the cup for two seconds — with the swoosh facing the camera — before dropping. His "TW" logo has made him an embodiment of the brand.He said Nike didn't consult his opinion on the ad that featured Kaepernick."They did not tell me it was coming," Woods said. "When corporate does things that are outside of golf and outside of my realm, that's what they do."Nike's swoosh logo was omnipresent on hats Cheap Solomon Thomas Jersey , polos and spikes for golfers at Aronimink Golf Club.Tony Finau, the leading candidate to be the final Ryder Cup pick for the U.S. team, said the Nike campaign with Kaepernick "definitely stands out""As far as Kaepernick and all that's concerned, we all have the freedom of speech and he's using it in a way that's non-violent which is something you just have to respect as an American," he said. "They came out with a campaign that they feel is who they are. As an athlete of theirs, it's not my job to agree or disagree with whatever they do."Kaepernick's deal with Nike for the 30th anniversary of the "Just Do It" campaign was the most polarizing issue in sports this week, prompting heated debate on several topics including athletes protesting social injustice and Nike wading into political waters. Some fans responded to Kaepernick's sponsorship deal by cutting or burning gear with Nike's signature swoosh logo. Others argued the backlash to the campaign and calls for a Nike boycott showed how the debate has morphed well beyond how athletes try to highlight issues like racial inequality and police shootings of unarmed minorities.President Donald Trump, a critic of protests during the anthem, tweeted Friday, "What was Nike thinking ?"Serena Williams, who will play her in ninth U.S. Open final, said last week at the tournament that she was proud of Kaepernick. He was in Flushing Meadows to watch Williams play."I think every athlete 49ers Jaquiski Tartt Jersey , every human, and definitely every African-American should be completely grateful and honored (for Kaepernick)," she said.Kaepernick began a wave of protests by NFL players two seasons ago, kneeling during the national anthem to protest police brutality and racial inequality.PGA Championship winner and two-time U.S. Open champ Brooks Koepka said the biggest winner might be the publicity sparked for Nike."I mean, let's put it this way, their name is in the paper and people are talking about it," he said. "So Nike is doing what they want to do."Lynch: 49ers have called Browns about Josh Gordon Fooch’s update: General manager John Lynch told 49ers beat writers the team has inquired about Josh Gordon and is doing their due diligence on him. The Browns announced plans to release Gordon on Monday, and have until 1 p.m. PT Monday to make it official. That gives the 49ers up to 24 hours to figure out their options.The Cleveland Browns announced on Saturday that they plan to release wide receiver Josh Gordon on Monday, likely with the hopes of generating trade interest before then. “A few teams” have inquired with the Browns, per Pro Football Talk, but there is no word on who they are. However, Gordon would be interested in playing for the San Francisco 49ers or Dallas Cowboys 49ers Mike Person Jersey , NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport.If the Browns get even a conditional late round pick, that might be enough to unload Gordon before they release him. They control his rights for now, but because he is a vested veteran, he would not have to go through waivers if released. Thus, if released, he would have his choice of any of the other teams.Of course, just because Gordon is interested in a given team does not mean it will happen. It takes two to get a deal done, and we don’t know yet if the 49ers have interest in bringing Gordon over. Kyle Shanahan was Cleveland’s offensive coordinator in 2014 — a season in which Gordon was suspended the first ten games, he 24 passes for 303 yards in five games, and then was suspended the final game for violating a team rule.Gordon’s peak saw him catch 87 passes for 1,646 yards and nine touchdowns in 2013. In the five years since then, he’s played in 11 total games http://www.49erscheapshops.com/cheap-authentic-weston-richburg-jersey , including none in 2015 and 2016. He has natural talent, but with that much missed time, it’s safe to say he’s probably not the receiver he was in 2013.That’s not to say he isn’t an upgrade for a lot of teams, but the 49ers could decide there are just too many questions and they want to see what their own group can do. Marquise Goodwin is out with a thigh bruise, but Dante Pettis is getting the opportunity in his place. Given how much time Gordon has missed over the past five years, it’s hard to say whether or not he’s an upgrade. My guess is he would be a solid addition from a pure talent perspective, but even if that’s the case, nobody knows if he will stay on the field. Any team considering trading for or signing him will need to factor that into the equation.

Return to Music